Post by grenadier1943 on Jan 1, 2017 17:22:02 GMT -5
Had some time on my hands today to do a little bit of upgrading. The model is an Athearn GP40-2 RTR Chessie WM 4258. I had done a little detailing a long time ago. I realized that I had put the bell on the wrong side and the horn was not in the correct location. Also I had purchased an Athearn Genesis GP40-2 with the same road number.
First I soaked the road numbers in Micro Sol solvaset.
Using a toothpick I gently scraped the old numbers off. The paint underneath did not fade or come off
Did the same on the number board, but only removed the 8. the Micro Sol also removed the black paint on the number board. I just used a black Sharpie to fix it.
So here is the almost finished product. Not perfect but close enough.