I think this will be the most appropriate thread for this minor project. A Southern Pacific GP30 with the proper SP light packs, I am using a DW GP30 kit.
I do not remember where on the internet i learned this trick. But the problem was I had to cut out the old vertical molded lenses on the nose, leaving a massive gap beneath the SP nose light. I took a styrene strip, heated it up till it almost started melting (softening it) - and shoved it in the hole!
Currently I am adding new fans, a mix between Cannon and Plano, will also cover up the rear number boards, add MU hoses etc.
Will post current picture soon, the above is from months ago.