1. take the Front end of the B40-8, including the battery boxes, front walkway/anticlimber, nose, and cab, and put that with the Hood and walkway from the Dash 9.
2. On the long hood end I will add the anticlimber from the Dash 8. I will use square styrene rod to create the frame ends on the Dash 9s.
3. One of my pet peeves about Kato units the half circle bulge on either end for the coupler screw, and another is that the couplers stick out too far. To fix this i will cut out and replace the bulge with sheet styrene on the rear as well as redrilling the holes for the coupler screws so that they are further inboard. Once I get the parts, I will continue this write up.
Last Edit: Jan 17, 2011 9:28:51 GMT -5 by MONONC420
Here's the latest update, I havent made a bunch of progress, but have gotten further along. I'll start with pilot mods. I removed the half cylinder protrusions under the coupler pockets, basically wiped the pilots smooth minus the coupler pockets and added the anticlimber on the rear end:
I had to remove the area below the Dynamics on the fireman's side as this needs to be completely smooth, I will fill this in with sheet styrene:
Next thing was to start building the subbase for the cab, I started with the Fireman's side:
I had to modify the Kato walkway to fit the atlas subbase:
I also had to add some height to the bac so that everything will sit right: